Friday, September 9, 2011

Wanna play Words?

I've seen so many of the Scrabble block art out there lately, and I thought I should give it a go.
The trouble was finding an old game.
It was harder than it should have been, really.
I finally found one at a Swap meet, and I paid $2.00 for it.
The guy said that he wasnt sure all the pieces were there.  But to be honest, I didnt care.
I FINALLY found one!

I dug out the letters that I wanted...and arranged them.
   

I really loved a project that I saw on Pintrest, that had the words "Love You", But wanted to add "me" so it would be a couple thing...You + Me = Love kind of thing...So I did it :)

Then I created the matting around it with just some paper and cut out the middle to make a frame.



Now for the part that ended up being way harded than it needed to be.  Gluing all the worlds together.
First, I just put a line of glue behind the tiles, but then it sat up too much off the paper.
So with tiny little glue lines (Hot glue) I glued each tile.
Looked like this when I was done:


Of course I had to use Mod Podge..where would I be without it?


Because I have a form of Adult ADD (Self-Diagnosed, naturally)
I did this while I was waiting for the Mod Podge to dry.
My son had these glitter pens, and I just happened to have this wood letter lying about...
Its ugly, but it killed time lol


After all was dry, I used this super glue, to glue the words down onto the paper, so it layed flat

And I spray painted this AWFUL frame I had...I painted it all black, and while I dont have a finished picture of the frame, I do have a before! haha


And this is the finished product before it went in the frame.

I so happen to LOVE it, and cannot wait to get it hanging up!

No comments:

Post a Comment