Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Salsas

I cant Cook..we've already established this.
But I CAN put things into a food processor, and make delicious things.

I made Salsa!

I've tried many times to make salsa, and I always failed. Miserably.  I just couldn't get the combo right.

This time, I was a major WIN!

Here is the recipe I used!

28oz can crushed tomatoes
2 cloves of fresh garlic
(dont go using the canned stuff)
1/2 of a Yellow Onion
2 Jalapenos
(I could have used 3...the ones I got weren't that hot)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1tsp salt.
hand full of fresh cilantro

put all of it in a blender or food processor.  If its a little thick, add a few tablespoons of water.

Blend it up until all the chunks are out.

Voila. Salsa!

Even my husband admitted it was good...and thats sayin' something! lol

1 comment: