Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Salsa post? Yes? No?

Too Bad, You're getting one.


Why?
Because I had about 10 emails after the last salsa post, asking to elaborate on my process, and recipe.

So here we go. Ready?

Ok, so here are my Ingredients: 
 28oz can crushed tomatoes
3 cloves of fresh garlic
(dont go using the canned stuff)
1/2 of a Yellow Onion
4 Jalapenos 
1/2 tsp black pepper
1tsp salt.
hand full of fresh cilantro

Cut the tops and tips off of the Jalapenos, and take out the seeds and as much as the veins as you can (Thats where the heat is...if you like it hotter, keep them in)
 Then cut them into big pieces, as well as the onion, and put them in the food processor.

I also put in some of the crushed tomatos, just to give it some liquid to work with, but I didnt take a picture of that, sorry. BAD BLOGGER!
Blend it all up, then dump it into a bowl, then onto doing the same thing with the Garlic and Cilantro and the rest of the crushed tomatoes.
(I had to do this in 2 steps because I have the worlds smallest Food processor...if you have a big one, feel free to do it all at once!

So when you get it all finely chopped up, put in the salt and pepper.

Then stir it really well.
You can eat it right away, but I like to let it sit in the fridge for atleast a few hours to let all the flavors combine.  Overnight if you can resist!

So there, there is my Salsa making progress....so quit reading, go make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment