Monday, October 10, 2011

The smell of Fall (and Fair) is in the air!

 I love this time of the year!
The weather starts cooling off (In AZ that means it gets below 70 at night!)
And the County Fair comes to town!
Us country folk just LIVE for the County Fair!
...I just wish Carnies weren't so scary...sheesh.

Anyway, I didnt get a lot of pictures from the fair...I was more interested in watching my son have fun on the rides.
But I did capture this one of my son and my husband riding the Bear ride.
You can see my husband hand...sexy right? ;)

haha.

After our exciting time at the Fair, I came home and was bored.
My son and I took a trip to the Dollar Tree to see if I could find anything to inspire a craft.
6 dollars later, we were homebound with a craft, some halloween decorations, and a balloon.
(Sorry, no pic of the Balloon...But we HAVE to get one everytime we go...a certain 4 year old thinks its a rule or something!)

I got started by taking a foam floral wreath, and spray painting it black.

While I was waiting for it to dry, my puppy decided to visit me and just stare at me with those creepy yellow eyes of his.
But he's cute, so I took a picture :)


After I threatened the dog and told him "You touch my crafts, you die" (ok, he wont die, but I wouldnt be Happy, thats for sure)
My son convinced me it was time to put those decorations up in my front yard.

So we did.
Cute, right?
(The 'dummy' in the red shirt isnt a permanent decoration ;) )

Ahhh, now we get to the fun part!
Opening up the Candy Corn! YUM!
I had to separate the 'bad' ones from the 'good' ones.
I had a helper.  
He 'disposed' of the 'bad' ones for me!
I might have helped, a little.

Now to get to work, and quit eating candy.

I got out my trusty hot glue gun, and go to gluing down the candy corn.
I would lay down a long line of glue, then hurry and put all the candies on.
I found that it really DID help to have them all ready and sorted out before you did this...you have to move kind of fast!

I alternated the direction of the candies.
Then I added the rows around the outside.
I love how that turned out!

I didnt like that there was a black hole in the middle...so I did something about that.

Then I sprayed a few coats of clear coat on it.

and
VOILA!
DONE!
I LOVE how it turned out!  Very festive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment